Google search console is one of the most useful and free SEO tools that you can use to track your blog performance.
If you want to make your blog search engine friendly, then a free search console is the best way to start.
You can get Valuable insights of your website such as Crawl errors, Ranking Keyword, impressions, and more from your Google Console account.
After creating any blog or website, you have to submit it to Google. After that, Google spiders visit your blog and show it in Google’s search results. This process works in this way.
Some also think that it takes money to submit your blog or website in a search engine, But this is not correct. This process is very simple, and for this, you do not need to pay a single penny to anyone.
Today, in this article, you will learn how to add your blog to Google search console in detail.
Why should you use Google Search Console?
Whether you are owning an online business or having a blog/website or you are an online marketing expert, this tool is beneficial for everyone. Let’s know why you should use this tool.
- Helps to index your blog or website
- You will be able to check the Google search performance of your online business.
- Enables Google bots to crawl your blog easily
- Monitors malware and spam issues of your blog/website
- Helps in checking backlinks
- You can add or remove your posts manually from search results.
Apart from this, there are many other benefits too.
How to Add a Blog to the Google Search Console
Google Search Console, formerly known as Google Webmaster Tool, this tool is used to check the search performance of your blogs and websites. You do not need to register here to use it, but to monitor and control the search performance of your website; you need to sign up.
So let’s dive into this post and learn how to add a blog to Google. I have divided this process into 2 steps.
Step 1# Validate Your Blog on Google Search Console
This step is not necessary, but to monitor your site and submit the sitemap of your blog, you will have to do this. This lets Google know that you own this blog or website.
- Open Google Search Console page in your browser and click on the “Start Now”
- Get login with your Google account.
- On the right side, you will see the button of “ADD A PROPERTY.” Click on it.
- Here you have to type your blog/website URL and click the”Add” button. If your blog has SSL, then you have to type https: // instead of HTTP: //.
- On the next page, you have to verify the ownership of your website. If you have web hosting, you can download the HTML file and upload it to your server, or you can also verify it by using “Alternate methods.” Once your site is verified, you proceed to the next step.
Depending on what tactic you select, once you’ve got verified domain ownership, you’ll be ready to start using the Google search console.
Note: There are two property types to select from :- URL-prefix and Domain. Below Chart will show you the difference between both properties.
Step 2# Submit Your Sitemap
If you are blogging, then you must have heard about a sitemap. It’s a .xml file, where the permalink of all the posts and pages of your blog or website resides. Which helps Google to reach all your posts.
- Once your blog is verified, go to Google Search Console and click on sitemaps from the right side menu.
- Now “Enter Sitemap URL” of your blog and click on the “Submit” button.
Google Search Console will take time to index all your pages. Once your blog pages are indexed, you will be ready to see them in Google search.
How To Submit your Blog URL to Google Console for Crawling and Indexing:
Another important use of Google search console is to make your page crawl and index fast.
Using the search console dashboard, you can add your entire blog/website for indexing and crawling or even a single post URL for crawling again.
It’s really useful for faster crawling and indexing. Also, at the time when you publish a new page, and you want the content to be indexed, this URL inspection feature will help your blog a lot.
How to do this?
- Click on “URL Inspection” option from the side menu of the Google search console dashboard
- Enter any URL in the search box you want to inspect and hit enter
Guys, I hope you liked this information on how to add your blog in google search console.
This is a very simple way of showing your online business or blog/websites in search results. If you still have any doubt, feel free to ask below through comments.
Remember to share this blog post through social networks.